Squelch Unspam for WordPress
Welcome to the official home page of the Squelch Unspam project.
What this means for spammers is that they have to do quite a lot more work to send spam to your website. It may also make sending spam to your website unreliable as changes to your theme may upset their spam submission tools. Or they may have to resort to using humans to send spam to your website (not much I can do about that I’m afraid) which will cost them more money.
This plugin is still in beta and so I’d appreciate your help in testing it.
- Names of fields are randomized every night at 12:00,
- Submissions to the standard WordPress field names are automatically deleted,
- Honeypot fields added to comments form,
- WooCommerce support.
- Statistical collection,
- Automated blocking of persistent IPs,
- Opt-in centralized collection of comment spam and statistics for additional research.
Notice: Updating from 1.0 to 1.0.1 or later
Please note that on update WordPress will deactivate the plugin with an error message. You can safely reactivate the plugin, the error is merely due to the plugin file being renamed. WordPress cannot find the original file and so deactivates the plugin.